Saturday, May 24, 2014

Think about His love

Think about His love, think about His goodness
Think about His grace that's brought us through
For as high as the heavens above
So great is the measure of our Father's love
Great is the measure of our Father's love

How could I forget His love
And how could I forget His mercies
He satisfies, He satisfies, He satisfies my desires...

There has been a lot of thinking going on lately but I was reminded last night of what I should be thinking about. As we studied Acts 7 and recounted the history of Israel I was once again reminded about His love, His goodness, His love, and His mercy. Yet the Jews only saw tradition and because of that they lost sight of the God who is behind it all. My heart has been full of bitterness and complaint this past week. I looked at a friend last night and for the first time since we met I felt like I didn't know them anymore. I was filled with feelings of rejection, confusion, and doubt, not only towards this person but towards God.This is a dangerous place to be. I know because each time I'm consumed with these feelings it becomes harder to recover. Each time this happens it becomes harder to think about His love, His goodness, and the fact that He satisfies. I can't say that I'm in a place where I'm okay but remembering to think about Him is a start in letting go. 

1 comment:

  1. hey tiff. This song was playing as I came across your blog: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hlKLfweCvhs&feature=kp. Been dealing with some stuff myself lately, but seems like every step that becomes more and more difficult.. the love of God seems to go deeper and deeper every time. He is our Deliverer. Thank you for sharing. I was encouraged by the song you shared. I love you, and I'll pray for you.

    ReplyDelete