Thursday, March 7, 2013

I rest in Thee, whate'er betide.

O Jesus, Jesus dearest Lord!
Forgive if I say,
For very love, They sacred name
A thousand times a day.

Oh Jesus, Lord with me abide;
I rest in Thee, whate'er betide;
They gracious smile is my reward;
I love, I love Thee, Lord!

For Thou to me art all in all;
My honor, and my wealth;
My heart's desire, my body's strength,
My soul's eternal health.

Burn, burn, O love, within my heart,
Burn fiercely night and day,
Till all the dross of earthly loves
Is burned and burned away.

O light in darkness, joy in grief,
O heaven begun on earth;
Jesus my Love, my Treasure, who
can tell what Thou art worth?

What limit is there to this love?
They flighty, where wilt Thou stay?
On, on! our Lord is sweeter far
Today than yesterday.


While we look not at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen; for the things which are seen are temporal, but the things which are not seen are eternal.  2 Corinthians 4:18

1 comment: