Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Why should I see His Kingdom?

Just a simple thought that came to me this morning from a verse we're all very familiar with:

But seek His Kingdom and His Righteousness, and all these things will be added to you.
Matthew 6:33

I realized that I've been looking at this verse wrong. Why is it that I desire to seek His Kingdom and His Righteousness? Is it so that "all these things will be added to me". I've always had this mindset that when we seek after the things of God then He will bless us with all the things we want. In a way that isn't wrong, I mean He does bless us as we follow Him but that isn't the desire of His heart. He doesn't want us to seek Him just so that He'll bless us. He wants us to seek after the things of Him because of who He is. 

As we learn to let go of the things in our life we find that He is a loving, merciful, and faithful God. Not only that, but He is the God who is seated upon the throne. When we realize these things our desire to seek after His Kingdom and His Righteousness becomes a natural thing. We don't do it for the blessings that follow; we do it because He Himself is worth it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment