Thursday, November 22, 2012

Giving Thanks

Rejoice always, pray continually, give thanks in all circumstances  for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus. 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18

I have seen these verses multiple times this past week. First, it was the memory verse for my first graders last Friday and then it came up in the book Changed Into His Likeness that I was reading. Stephen texted me about it before I left Houston and then I saw it on Facebook this morning. I feel that the Lord is reminding me during this holiday season that I don't rejoice, pray, or give thanks enough for all the ways He has blessed me. The year is quickly coming to an end and it may be easier to rejoice and giving thanks because everyone around us is doing it but my prayer is that even when March comes around and I'm no longer in the "holiday" mood I will remember to always rejoice, to never seize praying, and to praise God for all the circumstances He places in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment