Sunday, October 14, 2012

Wine Tasting.

Last Monday I went to my first wine tasting class ever. The few times that I've had wine I haven't been a huge fan but since this was for Jamie's birthday I decided I'd go and maybe taste wine that I'd actually enjoy. Jamie and Susan are both wine lovers so this was totally their kind of a class. The class was focused on French wine and it was fun learning about the wine from different regions of France. The instructor was friendly and knowledgeable but honestly everything was so new to me that I didn't understand a lot of what he was saying...especially when it came to being able to taste various elements of the wine. Susan was able to distinguish some of the elements like apple and cloves but all I could say was whether or not I liked them. haha We tasted six types of wine...starting with two white wines, a rose, and then three red wines along with handouts that were helpful because it told us what was in the wine and what it would be paired well with. Surprisingly, there were actually a few that I enjoyed so I'll be sure to be on the lookout for those if I ever need to buy wine. haha

The girls at the end of the class.

Afterwards we headed over to Emily's place and had a pretty late dinner. Emily and Susan spent the afternoon setting it up and it was beautiful...pinterest worthy. I loved the lights and the autumn theme, it was one of the few evenings where I was able to enjoy being outside since I've arrived in Houston. The temperature was perfect and the stars were out...it truly was a wonderful evening full of delicious food and getting to know the other girls. 



Happy Birthday Jamie!

No comments:

Post a Comment