Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Functioning in the Body.

I'm quite familiar with the verse in 1 Corinthians that speaks about the many members that make up the Body of Christ but the past few days I've been reflecting on what they actually means for me. We've been having some fellowship about the function of the PGG group within the church and quite honestly I had no idea. We agree that we need to be united by the same vision but to me that's was just Christian lingo that we throw around because it sounds right. In reality we haven't received a clear vision from the Lord and that's why there's been so much confusion.

Being in the PGG group is a unique period of life. We are at a point where we are starting to serve in multiple capacities in the Body: the children's ministry, worship team, middle or high school groups, CGG, adult ministry. This is a blessing but I feel that at times we can easily get lost in these services and lose sight of why we're doing them. I'm not sure if I have the answer but I think that our function as the PGG group within the body is to bear one another's burdens.

Bear one another's burdens, and thereby fulfill the law of Christ. So then, while we have opportunity, let us do good to all people and especially to those who are of the household of the faith.
Galatians 6: 2, 10

What better time than now for us to learn to bear each other's burdens and to serve one another, whether through diligent prayer or actual acts of service when prompted by the Holy Spirit. Being single really frees me up from a lot of the responsibilities so I should view this time as a blessing, the perfect time to learn how to function in this way in the body. Who knows what life will be like once I'm married with kids. lol I definitely won't have the same freedom to just drop everything and serve when led by the Spirit. I am however reminded that all this must stem from love. Without the love of Christ it will be impossible to function in this way with a joyful heart. 

No comments:

Post a Comment